Terms & Conditions of Service
1) The Xanadu Entertainment Agency (Xanadu Enterprise) acts as a representative for professional self-employed entertainers only and is not a party of the contract between the booking client and the respective entertainer. For this reason we cannot accept responsibility for non-fulfillment or breach of any such contract, but every reasonable safeguard is assured.
2) The Xanadu Entertainment Agency charges a commission fee either in the form of a ‘booking deposit’ via the booking client or to the represented entertainer by invoice after the booking date.
3) CANCELLATIONS: In the event of cancellation by the booking client within 2 weeks from the booking date of performance, the booking client will need to pay the booked entertainer a designated cancellation fee- this will be printed on the booking contract and varies according to the type of entertainer or entertainment service. This cancellation fee can be paid to the Xanadu Entertainment Agency and shall be forwarded to the respective entertainer or entertainment company.
4) Booking deposits are non-refundable, except when an engagement is cancelled by the entertainer in which case all deposits will be repaid in full to the booking client.
5) The balance due on the booking is payable as cash on the night to the entertainer unless otherwise stated.
6) Written/ printed contracts are posted to booking clients after the verbal agreement by phone. In the event of very short notice bookings, the written contract may be sent after the event for your records. Non return of duly signed contracts does not constitute cancellation and all verbal agreements will remain in force.
7) The booking client is to provide a suitable performing area. Unless otherwise agreed the booking client must provide an electrical supply where electrical equipment is to be used as part of a performance. Where the entertainer is expected to wear costumes the booking client must provide adequate dressing or changing room facilities.
8) The booking deposit needs to be paid within 5 working days from the date of posting from the Xanadu Entertainment Agency office.
9) Any contract negotiated through this agency shall be subject to these Terms of Business unless otherwise agreed in writing between all concerned parties.
10) Force Majeure: The Xanadu Entertainment Agency cannot be held liable or accountable to acts of nature, terrorism or unforeseen circumstances beyond its control.
11) The Xanadu Entertainment Agency cannot be held accountable or responsible for any incidents that occur between the booking client and the entertainer. The Xanadu Entertainment Agency represents professional self-employed entertainers but cannot be held responsible to liable to the quality and duration of the performances as booked.
12) The Xanadu Entertainment Agency is a signature of the UK Data Protection Registrar.
13) By booking an entertainer(s) via the Xanadu Entertainment Agency you are thus affirming to the Terms and Conditions as aforementioned.
The Xanadu Entertainment Agency will never pass or distribute any clients’ personal or financial information to any third party as in compliance with the 1984 & 1998 UK Data Protection Acts.