Code of Conduct
This is a voluntary code of conduct for UK based entertainment agencies specialising in the ‘gram business’: Kissograms, Stripograms, Singograms, Magicgrams, Poetrygrams etc.
- My entertainment agency is a legal entity (i.e., sole trader, Limited, Partnership etc) and the trading business name is registered with the Inland Revenue.
- My entertainment agency submits annual trading tax returns and has been trading for more than three years.
- My entertainment agency holds public liability insurance.
- My entertainment agency is a signature to the UK Data Protection Registrar and complies with the 1998 Data Protection Act. The Data Protection Number is indicated on my official agency website (s).
- My entertainment agency holds a separate commercial bank accounts for clients and entertainers.
- My entertainment agency website(s) as well as all pertinent stationary includes my registered business address.
- My entertainment agency posts or emails legal agency booking agreements with invoices to clients wishing to book artistes, entertainers and entertainment services.
- My entertainment agency issues receipts of payment for all booking deposits submitted by clients (this can be by post or email).
- My entertainment agency shall refund agency booking deposits to clients if the booking is either officially cancelled by the agency/agent or by the entertainer/artiste(s). Booking deposits are also fully refunded if the entertainer/artiste(s) fails to show or perform on the designated booking date.
- My entertainment agency does not demand agency commission from the entertainer or artiste(s) if the booking client has already paid the agency a booking deposit.
- My entertainment agency clearly states on the official website(s) the contact telephone numbers, email addresses and correspondence business address.
- My entertainment agency represents professional self-employed entertainers/ artistes and treats them with due respect and dignity.
- My entertainment agency will not pressurise clients into placing a booking and treats all clients with due respect and dignity.
- My entertainment agency will not impersonate another agency or competitor and will respect agency’ or agents integrity and dignity. Where a known booking has been placed already by another agent/agency, my entertainment agency will not actively seek or endeavour to secure or overturn the booking as previously placed by the client.
- My entertainment agency concisely states on the website(s) and the booking agency agreement the full terms of agreement including cancellation policy and fees.
- My entertainment agency states on the booking agreement: booking date; performance time; venue address, total entertainment fees and any other pertinent information.
- My entertainment agency emails or posts to all represented entertainers & artistes agency booking contracts which state: booking date; performance time; venue address (including post code); client’s contact phone numbers & name; any special requests (such as costumes, type of PA system, Lighting etc).
Join us Today to make a Professional Future for all!!
If you are an entertainment or theatrical agency/agent that also represents ‘gram entertainers et al’ , the Xanadu Entertainment Agency would like to offer you the opportunity of signing up to the aforementioned ‘Code of Conduct’. If you are interested please contact us today either by telephone or email. We shall then send you a form to complete enquiring into the nature of your agency (such as length of business, associations etc), and then if we are satisfied with your information, we shall post to you the Code of Conduct to sign up.